Service Expectations and Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Jenny Austin's Equine Services and thank you for using my services. Detailed below are my service expectations from both your and my points of view, as well as my Terms and Conditions. If you need more assistance, please contact me.
These Service Expectations should be used as a guide to ensure that we both understand what needs to be done to provide a comfortable and stress free hoof trim for your horses.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the use my services and items that you may purchase from me. I invite you to print out the Terms and Conditions, or I can email these to you on request. Changes to the Terms and Conditions are made from time to time and it is your responsibility to regularly check our Terms and Conditions for changes.
What I Expect From You
- Please let me know if you are running late.
- I will not enter a property or trim any equine without the owner or a representative also being there.
- Please have your horses ready for trimming and do whatever it takes to get them to be relaxed and happy e.g. have been fed or worked, have a companion nearby.
- Please ensure that you advise me before I start of any problems your horse may have concerning behaviour, its movement, or any known hoof issues.
- In hot weather, please ensure there is a shady area for me to work.
- If your horse is sensitive to flies on the legs, please spray with, or provide, insect repellent.
- In summer, soaking the hooves, if possible, just prior to trimming will be greatly appreciated.
- Please remove rugs before trimming
- Please pay attention to the horse and environment around us while I’m trimming because you are my eyes while my head is down!
- Please contact me to discuss any issues arising after trimming.
What You Can Expect From Me
- I will make every attempt to be punctual. If I am running more than 15 minutes late, I will text and let you know. I usually allow plenty of time between appointments but a difficult case may delay me.
- Sometimes I may need to move the time of your appointment but I will attempt to give you as much notice as possible.
- I will send a reminder text to your mobile at least 2 days before your appointment.
- Appointments made in person will also be written on a card for your referral.
- I will reply to messages in a prompt manner.
- New horses will be inspected for conformation and movement assessment.
- I will take the time needed for your horse to relax and will never rush a trim.
- I will be considerate of any limitations your horse may have e.g. arthritic.
- I will communicate issues as I find them and answer any questions you may have.
- I’m happy to teach you to learn to maintain your own horses feet if you like.
- I honour client confidentiality.
- I may use some handling techniques, such as backing and head lowering if required to gain focus and co-operation from the horse.
- I will never get angry with your horse or hit him with a tool or deliberately harm him.
- Payment is cash on the day except by prior arrangement, where bank transfer may be considered. Correct change would be appreciated.
- To ensure that I maintain a reliable schedule for all my clients, cancellations should be 48 hours or more prior to the appointment. Cancellations with less than 48 hours' notice may result in that appointment being moved to the end of the queue. This may result in a delay of up to 5-6 weeks depending upon my schedule and the area.
- Please book ahead for the next trim, preferably, where applicable, at the time of the current trim.
- Appointments at short notice, if they can be facilitated, may incur an extra charge.
- Any change to the number of horses to be trimmed must be given as soon as possible, please do not wait until the day of the appointment as this will impact my schedule.
- If any horse does not get a complete trim due to its behaviour or injury/soreness the full trim price will still be charged.
- Please note that some behaviour problems are due to a horse not being trained for hoof trimming. Please be aware of the point above. I can recommend someone to help with training if you like.
- If I consider that my safety and wellbeing is at risk for any reason while on your property, I will not continue the job until the issue has been resolved. There may be a fee, especially for work started and the appointment may have to be rescheduled to complete the job.
- Overdue, over long, pathological or difficult hooves may incur an extra fee.
- Removing shoes is an extra fee.
- All pricing is in Australian Dollars ($AUD) unless otherwise stated.
- Please note that I provide services throughout most of South Australia. So please do not hesitate to ask about my next visit to your area
Last modified 23 May 2018 Website Implementation: Weinel IT Services