IntroductionWelcome to Jenny Austin's Equine Services and thank you for using my services.
These Service Expectations should be used as a guide to ensure that we both understand what needs to be done to provide a comfortable and stress free hoof trim for your horses. If you need more assistance, please contact me via the details from this page.
What I Expect From You
- Please let me know if you are running late.
- I will not enter a property or trim any equine without the owner or a representative also being there.
- Please have your horses ready for trimming and do whatever it takes to get them to be relaxed and happy e.g. have been fed or worked, have a companion nearby.
- Please ensure that you advise me before I start of any problems your horse may have concerning behaviour, its movement, or any known hoof issues.
- In hot weather, please ensure there is a shady area for me to work.
- If your horse is sensitive to flies on the legs, please spray with, or provide, insect repellent.
- In summer, soaking the hooves, if possible, just prior to trimming will be greatly appreciated.
- Please remove rugs before trimming
- Please pay attention to the horse and environment around us while I’m trimming because you are my eyes while my head is down!
- Please contact me to discuss any issues arising after trimming.
What You Can Expect From Me
- I will make every attempt to be punctual. If I am running more than 15 minutes late, I will text and let you know. I usually allow plenty of time between appointments but a difficult case may delay me.
- Sometimes I may need to move the time of your appointment but I will attempt to give you as much notice as possible.
- I will send a reminder text to your mobile at least 2 days before your appointment.
- Appointments made in person will also be written on a card for your referral.
- I will reply to messages in a prompt manner.
- New horses will be inspected for conformation and movement assessment.
- I will take the time needed for your horse to relax and will never rush a trim.
- I will be considerate of any limitations your horse may have e.g. arthritic.
- I will communicate issues as I find them and answer any questions you may have.
- I’m happy to teach you to learn to maintain your own horses feet if you like.
- I honour client confidentiality.
- I may use some handling techniques, such as backing and head lowering if required to gain focus and co-operation from the horse.
- I will never get angry with your horse or hit him with a tool or deliberately harm him.